Jack and Ted McColl, aged 26 and 25, are two entrepreneurial brothers from California who have seen lots of success in their 5 years of business. After graduating early from University of Washington, Jack and Ted created two 6-figure e-commerce businesses attributing the success to viral products and influencer marketing. Shortly after college they were onto their next venture, Sendit Cabo, a spring break travel company which was acquired by the collegiate travel industry leader, JusCollege. Now, after selling their first company, Jack and Ted have moved to Bali, Indonesia and have recently started a short term rental business through Airbnb. They currently have 3 Villas in Ubud, Bali and with great success so far they plan to be adding more properties to their portfolio soon.
Lessons talked about in this live call:
1. Fail forward, don't dread on your mistakes. Fail fast and keep it moving.
2. Instead of thinking of the worst possible scenario, think of the best possible scenario.
3. Even if they are your #1 competitor, stay respectful, you never know what opportunities can arise from others within your industry.
4. Staying smart with your money. Profit, save, invest and repeat.
5. Mindset and morning routines are essential for success. Fitness, reading, researching topics, diet, gratitude, etc
6. Investing in good people. When you find them, do everything you can to keep them around
7. Staying disciplined towards your goals and being incredible consistent, even if it's just a short period of time per day.